October 7, 2008

Advice needed

I am in the process of sewing Addyson's Christmas dress and need opinions. I tried to email these pictures, but they were too big, and I have no idea how to resize them. So onto my blog they go! LOL
Here is the front panel. The buttons will be the little gingerbread men. The gingerbread man is not finished, he is with out a mouth, that Addyson is quite concerned about.

This is the back. Very unfinished. All the pieces are just ironed on. I have not "Glitzed" them or sewed them down yet. Just wanted you to see it all to help me decide!
Here is where I need help. The side panels.... I have no idea which fabric to use. There is the stripe, on the left, or the Christmas tree one on the right. I also have the brown of the gingerbread men OR I could use the corduroy that I used for the house. I also have more pink and green daisy's from the top section that I could use. Such decisions!! LOL One other consideration is that the 'under dress' is pink and brown leopard knit with pink and brown dots. It is the same pattern as the Halloween one I just finished. Just LOTS more detail! Please help me decide. Thank you!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been meaning to phone you because I couldn't get the pictures to download so I'm glad you posted these!

My vote is for the stripes. I love the other print on the right but I think it competes for attention with the designs on the front/back of the dress. The stripes are a great compliment without drawing the eye away from the details.

This is so darn cute Kyra! I'm in awe that you're already working on Christmas stuff... you're so on the ball.

Tori said...

Faith said it perfectly. Stripes is my vote also. Too cute!!!

The Young Life said...

I third the stripes! It looks adorable!!!

Jenn said...

So adorable!! I vote stripes.

Tamora said...

I like the stipes too!