December 8, 2009

May I have some Cheese with my WHINE!!

I have a feeling this is going to be a very WHINEY post. Please feel free to "X" out now if you are looking for something uplifting!

Because I do not Scrapbook, I often use this blog to record important things that happen in our life. This week has been very interesting and although I do not think I will forget it, I feel like I need to blog about it anyway. (I do have Thanksgiving pictures to post as well).

Kamron has MONO. He is one sick little boy. It started on Thanksgiving day, 2 weeks ago. He mentioned to me that he had some swollen bumps on his neck. We were in Mansfield at my sisters and he was in NO discomfort at all so we waited to take him to the Dr until the Monday when we returned. HE still felt fine at the Dr. office and was diagnosed with a sinus infection and put on major antibiodics. Things started going down hill from there. He never got better and started feeling ALOT worse. On Friday afternoon he came to my office complaining of his throat hurting. I could not believe what I saw. The ENTIRE back part of his throat and tonsils was COVERED in white pus. His tonsils were so swollen he was having difficulty breathing. We returned to the Peditrician on Saturday and she sent us to the hospital for labs. At the time she was 99% sure he had MONO. (Labs have since come back VERY positive, The EBV that is supposed to be 0-100, his is 1300!) HE is home all week and possibly next week. HE is extremely depressed about this and is missing UIL tomorrow. HE worked extremely hard on his oral reading poem and will not be able to perform.

Back to my whining....so Todd left on Sunday for Austin. Tyler started throwing up on Sunday night and Addyson complained all night about her stomach hurting. I stayed home with both of the boys yesterday and Tyler started feeling better so he went to school today. He came home today not feeling well and threw up AGAIN! We have 4 PIGS that I love, but the weather has not been to nice to us lately. With Todd gone I have had to go out to the pigs 2x a day and break ice and give them fresh water because theirs is frozen. I stayed home with Kamron today and Todd's mom is coming tomorrow for the next few days. It will be nice to have Nana here!!!
Enough WHINING: Here are a few pictures!!!

Here is Addyson in her new CHRISTmas dress I made.
Not too big to "pose" for mom!
Mr T playing one of the $0.99 games I found at Gamestop!! WooHoo!

Doesn't he look pitiful? He truely feels AWEFUL! He has been so upset about missing UIL, I wish there was someway he could perform, but just look at him...no way!

This was yesterday... doesn't he look jaundiced?? I did talk to the Pedi today and Mono affects the liver, so that is why. She said it will take 2-3 weeks for him to start feeling better and up to 6 weeks for him to be over it. Merry Christmas!! (Please PRAY no one else gets it!!)

Thanksgiving pictures: Here is my nephew-dog, Charlie. He LOVED the kids! The kids loved him too. I am sure he slept for days when he got home!

Charlie was determined to get up there with them!

The kids do a talent show every time they get together: Tyler was the "sound man"

Kamron reading his "Oral Reading" poem. He really did work hard! (His teacher even said she was pretty sure he would of placed.) He has a great poem for next year!


Charlie helping Tamora look at the circulars!


No comments: