October 27, 2009

Here Piggy, Piggy, Piggy...

This year the boys are in 4-H and they wanted to show pigs. Todd and I know nothing about raising pigs but we are giving it a shot. The kids are so EXCITED! Here they are... I do not remember all their names but will tell you the ones I remember :)
One is "Stripes"... Could be this one or our other strpied pig.

Here are the pens. We have 2 boys and 2 girls. They are seperated into 2 pens. The upper one could be "Stripes" or "Sammy". I think there is a Sammy as well. The bottom one is "Babe". Not sure when this is all over if I can eat Babe! Did you see even "Priss Pot" is in the pens!! Maybe if she gets used to them being little, and we go out daily to visit, she won't notice when they GROW!

The spotted pig is "Bulls-eye". That is the only one Tyler named and he was pretty insistant that Kamron did not name him!! LOL

Tyler is working hard cleaning the pens. The boys WANT Todd to wake them at 5:45 to go feed and water the pigs every morning before school. They love it now...I hope it stays that way!

Even I was working in the pens spreading hay!! Todd was all dressed for Scouts so he didn't get dirty. He was plenty filthy tonight though. There are heat lamps in each "hut" to keep them warm. To be honest, I really like them!


Preview of Halloween to follow!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tamora said...

wow! they are bigger than I expected:*)