February 1, 2009

100th Day of School

The 100th Day of School is a big deal in the primary grades (PK-2). This past Friday was Muleshoe's 100th day. Addyson had been looking forward to it for weeks. It is a fun party day filled with hundred's of activities. One of the activities was to come dressed representing anything 100. You can dress 100 years old, put 100 of any item on a shirt, ect. Addyson was going to go dressed like they did 100 years ago. My friend Deborah's mother had a dress that she wore when she was around Addyson's age. Her mother made the dress and it came with a pettiskirt, parisol, and bonnet. It was beautiful! Addyson, my girlie girl, LOVED IT!

Thursday night before bed Addyson became really cranky and just not herself. She was running a 102 fever! I felt so bad because I knew she would miss her 100th day of school. We went to Lubbock Friday where she was negative for flu and strep, but her 02 sats were only in the 80's. They did a breathing treatment and started her on steroids. All day Friday she ran a fever, but is good as new today! Last night after her bath I dressed her in the outfit she was going to wear to school on Friday. She looked so cute! Here is my own "Laura Ingles".









2 comments:

The Young Life said...

awwwww...I LOVE IT!!!! too bad she had to miss school...Bethany was sad to miss also!! oh well, there is always next year!

The Young Life said...

awwwww...I LOVE IT!!!! too bad she had to miss school...Bethany was sad to miss also!! oh well, there is always next year!