March 16, 2009

Is it Spring OR Summer???

Spring Break is here! We are not planning on doing much, getting the house clean and cleaning the yard were our top priorities but we got those done yesterday and today. Now we can have some FUN! After cleaning the yard today, Todd was fixing sprinkler heads. I was cooking supper and heard the kids screaming, this is what I found:

Kamron was taken by suprise when the water hit him in the chest. It was about 75 degrees today, but not really "sprinkler" weather!
I Love this picture of Tyler! He saw the water on it's way. Notice the jeans he is wearing. I had to peel them off of him. LOL
The three amigos! They played so well together today. We were at the playground before the water activites and Kamron was burying Addyson in the rocks! She was SO quiet, which is not like her, and when I asked her what they were doing, she told me she was "Playing DEAD".
The "Blue and Gold" Banquet for scouts was on Friday night, 3 days ago in 3 inches of SNOW! Crazy West Texas weather will you have SNOW and 3 days later the kids are playing in the Sprinklers! LOL Anyway, Todd was in charge this year and he did a really good job. There was over 100 people there. I think it turned out awesome!! The boys are both 2nd year Webelo's now and get to start camping with the Boy Scouts. Next year will be big when they cross over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. Here is a Picture of Kamron "barking" the commands for the flag ceremony. Tyler was in the back carrying the US flag. I did not get many good pictures because I was too busy videoing. I got a new video camera for my birthday and was enjoying it!
Here is Kamron's cake for the cake baking contest. It was a Nintendo Game Cube. It was really good too! Martha, do you think you have some competetion in the family! LOL


Here is Tyler's cake. We even got a new large pizza box to put it in. The rules state there is NO female help at all. That is really hard for me to do, but I stay out! I wouldn't even go check the cakes as they were baking to make sure they were done. Tyler did a fantastic job putting the "Sauce" on the pizza to make it look like it was really a pizza. Todd and Ty mixed cherry JELLO with store bought buttercream icing to get the red color (Martha, I know you are cringing at the thought). Suprisingly, it tasted really good. They grated white chocolate almond bark for the cheese and made red fondant for the pepperoni's. IT was YUM! They didn't win a prize this year but they did awesome. My friend Deborah's son Jacob, won the grand prize! They made a popcorn bowl that was over flowing with popcorn. IT was AWESOME!! She is vacationing right now, but check back, I know she will have pictures of the cake on her blog.


We are heading to Amarillo tomorrow for some Spring break fun. Enjoy the sun, I am sure it isn't going to last!

No comments: