March 22, 2009

Spring Break... a week in review!

It is Sunday evening and Spring Break is OVER. It is a bitter sweet. The school year will be over in 9 weeks, but we have to get back and finish those to get to the summer, so bitter sweet. We had a great week. After we cleaned the house and the yard, Tuesday we traveled to Amarillo for the day. Our first stop was Palo Dura Canyon. We just drove through and spent about an hour there. We will be returning in April for a weekend camping trip! Here is Addyson looking through the binoculars at the canyon.
Kamron, Addyson and Tyler
Mr. Tyler



While we were driving through the canyon there were many deer on the side of the road. This deer was "talking" to Todd. LOL
After we left Palo Duro we went into Amarill for lunch. Our plan was to go to Coyote Bluff for some lunch. Take a look, it is a HOLE IN THE WALL place that was featured on Diners, Drive In's and Dives on the Food Channel. We were excited to eat there (well I was until I saw the building) and it was PACKED at 11:30. We had whiney, hungary kids (and adults) so we skipped out but will definately have to try again!

We made it to an awesome place after lunch called Jump-n-Jive. It was so neat! It is an old Dunlaps building that has 15 + jump houses that the kids had a BLAST. We were there for 5 hours that day. Todd did take a few pictures of me in the Jump houses, but they didn't turn out, oops! LOL


Tyler sliding down the HUGE slide. I didn't attempt the slide this time. Past memories of taking down about 10 kids behind me rang in my ears.


Kamron on the slide

Addyson posing for me.

I played alot in this one with Addyson. It isn't enclosed!! LOL


This was a running bungee jusp thing. The kids LOVED it!!

The kids LOVED this obstical coarse. It was not my favorite. It was a little hard for this momma!


Wednesday we were outside and Todd flagged down the Schwan truck for some Sundae cones. Addyson sat next to Todd and just talked. LOVE this picture!!!

Mom, this is the laundary basket we got for Christmas. The kids FIGHT over who gets to sit in it. (The boys birthday is Thursday, hint, hint!! We need 2 more!!)

I finally sewed again on Wednesday. I am still in the process of RE-READING all the Twilight books and have 200 pages left on the last book, SO I need to start sewing again. Anyway, this is what I made. Addyson wore it on Thursday while we went to Lubbock. I got my hair highlighted and the kids went to a movie with Todd. Be prepared for the next time you see me! I am SUPER BLONDE. I should post a picture but I am still a little self conscious. I better get over it since school starts again tomorrow!! LOL

On Saturday, uncle Cory, aunt Tina and Nicholas all came to Muleshoe with Nana and Grandear. The kids made Nicholas a marshmellow shooter like their's and they were anxiously awaiting them to walk through the door to pelt them with nerf bullets! No one was safe on Saturday!!

Addyson LOVES Tina! Tina read numerous books to Addyson while we were at Nana's. Tina is about 29 weeks pregnant with a little GIRL. Addyson is going to have another girl to play with! This is going to be one spoiled little girl!! We are all so excited for her to get here! (Sorry the picture is dark!)

These next photo's are our little "Photo shoot" in the trees!





BACK TO REALITY!! The boys birthday is Thursday. They will be 10. I can't believe it! It seems like only yesterday they were my teeny tiny 2 pound babies. Have a great week!

No comments: