July 21, 2009

Houston to Monticello

Were not in West Texas anymore, Dorothy! I think you could become claustrophobic driving to Florida with all the trees. We drove through the CAPITOL of Florida and didn't see one building. I wonder what Floridians would think of Muleshoe, TX? We left Houston at 4 am and headed on the next leg of our journey. This was the worse time in the car. We had hit our limit...14 hours in the car with 12 1/2 driving time was rough! It didn't help that I had put Addyson's new earrings from Aunt Chrissy on too tight and she woke up in the car SCREAMING that her ear was hurting! I thought it was another ear infection (because she told me it was the inside of her ear..)and had even called the pedi in Lubbock and had decided that once we reached Orlando I would find a clinic to take her to. 23 hours later, I took her earrings out and OMG!! Her earring was digging into her ear and her ear was white from the pressure. Talk about bad mom!! Thank goodness we had not gone to the clinic yet. Wouldn't that of been great when they found out I was a nurse and what I didn't catch with my own daughter!!
We stopped in Monticello, Fl (outside of Tallahassee) and spent the night with Uncle John, Todd's uncle. We had never been to his house and had a fabulous time. We introduced him to "Jalapeno Poppers" and I think he loved them!
The drive to Orlando from Monticello was ONLY a measly 4 hours so we slept in before we drove on to Disney.

Here is a picture of John and Treina and the kids. They bonded and felt like we had been there many times. We loved spending time with you John!! Thanks again for the awesome hospitality and the great goodies you sent with us! We LOVED it all!!! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

Next up.....Disney Day one... What an adventure that was~!

No comments: