September 29, 2008

Cub Scout Camping!

I am a day late, but at least it isn't a week late!! Todd and the boys went to the Muleshoe Wildlife Refuge with about 70 other scouts, parents and siblings on Saturday. They left about 10:00 with another family and set up camp before the others arrived. I had big plans to sew all day since Addyson and I would be home alone!! I woke up Saturday and had a HORRIBLE allergy attack and sneezed 500 times and could not bend over (to sew) with out my nose POURING!! It was not fun! After taking 1 Claritin, 2 Chlortrimatons and 2 adult Benadryls I slept for 2 1/2 hours. Thanks goodness I have a daughter that will color for hours and will watch anything on Noggin!! While still sneezing, Addyson and I loaded up and drove the 20 minutes to the camp site. I had the camera at home and wouldn't forgive myself for not going and taking pictures. When we arrived, this is what we saw!!
Their tent is the one to the right of the "kitchen" They had a really neat set up... Pro campers!
They were returning from their hike when we pulled up.
They ran to inform me that they saw a RATTLESNAKE while hiking!!! UGH!
It was a little breezy and the kids quickly grew impatient of the "right" way to start a fire!
RIP!!!!!!!! Right about here is when Todd's pants riped! The fire was finally started though.
Kamron, Addyson and Tyler roasting their hot dogs. One of the little boys kept asking when they were going to get to "BURN their wienies" It was Cute!!


LOVE this picture of all the hot dogs being "burned". Addyson actually cooked mine for me. She did a really good job!
Tyler and Addyson!
Kamron with his walking stick, not sure if the stick would of helped with the snake!
This is GROSS, I know, but there were hundreds of flies stuck to the top of the awning!!! YUCK!

Our 3 darlings, with a campfire and sunset!!! (Don't you love Addyson's kool-aid mouth!)
Any guess to how many large Marshmallow's are in her mouth????????
The rare moment that I am not sneezing or have Kleenex shoved up my nose!! LOL
We bought glow sticks for all the kids, it was a HUGE hit! Look at the glow stick that is swinging in a circle!! Pretty neat picture!
Addyson is showing me her hand COVERED in the green glow stick that was broken all over her!! Good thing it is NON- TOXIC. It was over her face, hand and clothes. I wish the picture would of turned out better. It was pretty funny. Driving home in the dark, she was GLOWING!
Addyson and I came home about 9:00pm. We did not stay the night. The boys, all 3, were EXHAUSTED on Sunday. They had a really great time and some great dad one on one time!!!!

No comments: