September 18, 2008

Kindergarten lessons!

It never fails, in kindergarten our kids love to say and do things that I know we will laugh about for years! When the boys were in Kindergarten, Tyler 'almost' took our kitty to school....hidden in his backpack! I was working in the hospital at Lubbock still and Todd was in charge of all 3 kids in the morning. He was dropping Addyson off at daycare and heard a kitten crying. Tyler had hidden Tiger in his back pack to take to school. I wish he would of actually make it into school with the kitty that day. His teachers would of loved that!! LOL

Tuesday we had a Kindergarten meeting with Addyson's teacher. She told me that on the first day of school she LOST Addyson! Addyson had asked her if she could go to the bathroom. She told Addyson, "You know where the bathroom is, you may go." She looked up and she was GONE! She went down 2 halls to the bathroom right next to DAD's office that we have used all summer when we were in the school visiting! Mrs. K told me that she couldn't believe that she lost the Principal's child on the first day of school!!!

Today was picture day for Addyson. I dressed her in her 1st day of school outfit and let her wear flip flops since I knew that they would not be going to PE today. While she was playing at recess, rocks got in her shoes. She went to one of the teachers and said, "I am going to run home real quick and change shoes, OK? " Todd said that after they quit laughing, they informed her that she can not just "run home" while at school, even if it is just ACROSS THE STREET!! She is a MESS!! She was in bed tonight at 7:00 because our mornings have not been fun! She is the most CRANKY little girl in the mornings and it sure is not a good way to start the day! Good thing she can't tell time yet or I think she would of had issues with the 7:00 bed time! (She also informed the cafeteria workers today while she was getting her lunch tray that "My daddy said that you are not supposed to put any gravy on my tray, I don't like it!! They told her, OK, we will remember that for next time!!)

Kamron and Tyler are LOVING 4th grade. They have grown up so much over the summer. I am loving the young men they are becoming. Every night the TV is turned off and we all read for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Sometimes the boys are begging to stay up past their bedtime to finish their book! (HUGE change from last year!) Kamron was even grounded for a couple of weeks at the end of last year until he finished a few books! I hope it is helping that Todd and I have really enjoyed reading this summer and they have seen me read MANY books (and not want to do much when lost in the book. LOL) Cub scout sign ups were this last Tuesday (they had over 30 NEW boys sign up!) and the boys were in charge of showing them how to make "Exploding Boomerangs" out of Popsicle sticks. They did a super job! They get to go on their first camping trip of the year next weekend. Addyson and I will have a girls weekend while they are with dad! (I am not to big on sleeping on the ground!)

I promise to post pictures next time!! Dain and Chrissy weathered out IKE. Dain said they had 95mph wind for 10 hours. I can't even imagine. I am so glad that they are safe and that their house did not suffer any substantial damage. They still remain without electricity but have been in Mansfield with my sister since last Sunday. I saw pictures of Galveston today and the destruction was unbelievable! MANY people still need our prayers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you enabled comments as I have been lurking here for a while. Love keeping up with your kiddos.

Kirsten

Jenn said...

That poor teacher must have almost had a heart attack when she thought she lost Addyson! I loved her comment to the lunch lady and the teachers about changing shoes. Funny girl!

So good to hear that your boys are enjoying reading! Matthew loves to be read to but not that into reading by himself. Still holding out hope!

Have a great weekend!

Tamora said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! you did NOT tell me all of that!!! You just thought having twins at Todd's school was interesting.... I bet Addyson will be that LOL

Tamora said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! you did NOT tell me all of that!!! You just thought having twins at Todd's school was interesting.... I bet Addyson will beat that LOL