September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend with a Picture Perfect Ending!

This weekend we took a QUICK trip to Mansfield to visit my sister and her family. We were in Mansfield for a total of only 29 hours. It was definately a quick trip, but it was a great trip! Todd stayed in Lubbock with my dad and they went to the Tech game, and my mom, myself and the 3 kiddos traveled. My brother and his wife from Houston met us there also. My niece, Ashtyn, plays serious soccer. She was in a tournament and she played 5 games this weekend. We got to watch 2 of them. I have a new respect for her. She played soccer in 100+ HEAT with what felt like 90% humidity! You did GREAT Ashtyn!

Ashtyn had a Birthday last week so we celebrated it while we were there. Uncle Dain and Aunt Chrissy bought Ashtyn Mario Cart with the Wii wheel. In our down time we played some serious Wii!!

If they drive like this in a few years, we are in TROUBLE!! LOL



Uncle Dain loving on the 2 little princesses!
Ashtyn and Tyler driving the cars!!
Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Dain bombarded with kids. The kids just can't get enough of them when we see them! They are very loved by all the kids! They are just so much more fun than we are!
The little ones driving the cars. Look at the circles under Addyson's eyes. She got to Mansfield 100% well and came home with HORRIBLE allergies. I hope she is not getting a cold. I think a good night sleep should help too!
Kamron and Ashtyn. She had just played in 100 degree heat and WON! She is my hero!

Today, after a very relaxing RAINY day, I looked out the window while making supper and saw this BEAUTIFUL sight. There were TWO COMPLETE rainbows. I tried to get the entire rainbow, but couldn't. It was too large. The 2nd rainbow was just above the dark one, but it was considerably lighter. They were gorgeous!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love seeing pics of your family. It is so weird to see Dain grown up and married!! In my mind he is still in 4th grade.

I am sure we will be adding the Wii wheel for Mario Cart to our system soon. Isn't the Wii so amazing?