September 12, 2008

Homecoming in Muleshoe

Today is Homecoming here in Muleshoe and in small towns it is serious business!! Here is a picture of the kiddos before school this morning. They looked so cute!


I bought the kids garters and a mum this year. This was a first. We are playing the Cooper Pirates tonight. Lubbock has seen trential rains over the last 2 days with some areas seeing 8 inches. Since we play Cooper tonight and their schools were CLOSED today because of the flooding rains we were not sure if we were going to have a game tonight. We received an email today saying that the game was still on and that Cooper was going to be getting to Muleshoe on their "pirate ship" but they were not sure how they were going to return home since we were going to "SINK" their ship!! We all had a good laugh!

Keep Dain and Chrissy in your prayers. They are in Houston and in the path of hurricane IKE. I called Dain this morning and he answered his phone " Hurricane Watch Station, may I help you!" I am glad he still has his sense of humor. They did not evacuate and are planning on riding out the storm. I know my mom is very worried about them and I am sure Chrissy's is as well. IKE is a big storm, I hope everyone stays safe.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Homecoming is something about small towns that I really miss (& parades). My boys have not been to a football game yet and do not even know what Homecoming is (really sad to me)! We have 4 high school with two new ones opening in 2009. I miss being in a town that comes around the one high school and shows so much school spirit.

I hope that y'all had a great with the Homecoming festivites. Was homecoming early this year in Muleshoe? I thought Homecomings were in October?