June 1, 2008

Accelerated Reading

This year at school the boys both had a chance to "earn" a ceiling tile for the school. If you earn 100 AR points you get to paint a ceiling tile in 3rd grade, 125 in 4th and 150 points in 5th. Tyler worked really hard and earned over 125 points (in 3rd grade) and he got to paint a ceiling tile. I am so glad that Nana was there. She remembered her camera ;) and helped paint the tile! It is now proudly hanging in my office at school! Kamron kind of tried, but did not achieve the 100 points. After being grounded from all TV and electronic devices for a few weeks, he did end up with 75 points. He has set a goal already for next year to work harder and earn the points!! Poor guy just does not enjoy reading. I am hoping to "help" him find a love for reading this summer. (Please pray for me!)

Here are a few pictures of Tyler painting his ceiling tile...I am sure you can tell he is my Star Wars loving little boy! (He read 6 Star Wars Chapter books in a series that had over 20 chapters each that pushed him over his 100 point goal!)



No comments: