June 7, 2008

Relay for Life!!

Last night was Bailey County's Relay for Life. We had a BLAST! The kids ran and played and half the time I had no idea where they were! We arrived at 5:00pm to set up our tents and awnings and we didn't get home until 1:45am. The kids were running on adrenaline! I have a TON of pictures and would love to share. The Luminary Ceremony was beautiful! They turned out all the lights in the stands and the only light was from the hundred's of luminaries lighting the track. We made luminaries in memory of Todd's sister, grandmother and grandfather and in honor of Todd's dad. It was an amazing experience and we can't wait to participate again next year!

Here is Jayci walking in the Survivor's Lap!!
Addyson and Bethany watching their brother's play!
Bethany and Addyson walking the track. Check out the bare feet! They were barefooted ALL night! Thank goodness for a awesome track with no stickers! I still do not know how their feet handled the hot track though!
Bethany, Jaden and Addyson playing on the "Sumo Wrestling" mat. Jaden's mom was there taking pictures for our on site fundraiser. She is amazing!
Addyson posing for Faith . I snapped a picture while she was sitting there. I made her "Girlie Pirate" outfit she likes to call it. The team shirts were pink and black and matched her pants beautifully. If you look close you can see the Skulls and Crossbones in the black fabric!




Tyler and Kamron playing soccer/kickball with some friends! It was really hard to get any pictures of them, they were always running!!

I was asking the boys to stand still so I could get a picture and they really did not want to, so Garrison jumped in and encouraged them to let mom take a picture! Thanks Garrison!
Tyler taking a break!
Jayci wrestling with Kamron. She had a blast with him. He was so good and gentle with her. When all the kids were out in the middle dancing, she grabbed Kamron's hand and led him out there to dance with her!
Ethan, Tyler and Tony

The kids on our team dancing to the "Cha Cha Slide!"
Addyson and Kenna!
Our group was so big, to get a picture of everyone waiting to walk the first lap, I had to take 3 pictures!! Here is the first group of team members.
Here is the middle group
And here is the last section. Our shirts were pink/black, lime green/pink and white/black. They said,"Faith, Hope and 'Jayci' Joy" on the front with a scripture and on the back it said "The most astonishing thing about miracles is that they happen"
"Miss Relay".... Kamron makes a really pretty girl, doesn't he!!!
Amy, do you recognize the dress????
3 of the contestants in the contest. Ethan, Jackson, and "Kamalina"
Todd with his son and daughter!
And here was Addyson during the "Miss Relay" She actually made it until about 12:45am before falling asleep. I was a little shocked!
Here are pictures of the Luminaries we made. I wrote the names and let the kids decorate them...



We did not make this one for Jayci, but I wanted to share it! Next year we will definately include pictures on ours. The saying under her picture is what is on the back of our shirts!
Addyson and dad walking the track. She was cold and tired. I bet if she would of had socks and shoes on she would not of been so cold!
Kenna, Addyson and Ashton..... they found a frog! Ashton loved the frog. I am not sure the frog is still living today though!
ONE picture of mom! We were doing our part walking around the track. It was about 11:00pm. Kamron was FINALLY eating supper at this time and Tyler was playing with John, his new friend he met. (See how hard it was to get pictures of the boys!!)
Last picture!!! Here is the video of Kamron strutting his stuff encouraging people to donate money! It was a super night and we all had a BLAST!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got so many great pictures Kyra!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

What a very touching night it looks like. And fun, too. It's funny, we watched several Relays for Life from our back porch in Muleshoe. But this is the closest I have visually been. Shame on me! What an awesome night. Jayci looks like she is doing so well and your crew is as adorable as ever.

The Young Life said...

You got a bunch of Pictures too! I have more of the girls I will email to you, if you have anymore email them to me too...they were too funny, joined at the hip all night!!!
Annie

Tamora said...

What a wonderful night! I am so glad you got to participate in this wonderful experience!

Jenn said...

I enjoyed catching up on your blog this morning. I was so behind - I enjoyed reading about all the things your kiddos are involved in. I hope you are enjoying your summer so far!

Suzanne said...

oh my gosh! it was so fun running into you and your sis! you guys crack me up! hope your return flight is much more "uneventful" than your flight here!!! have fun with your sis!!! thanks for saying hi! ;)

Emily J.Houchin said...

I love Relay for Life! We did it for three years in honor of Kristin Lewis. It is a great thing for kids to be a part of! Your pics were great! Call me when you are in town!