June 12, 2008

Were leaving on a jet plane..........

So we had ALL the kids singing this song on Monday before the kids and I flew to Dallas. (We taught them the Armageddon version! I would probably rethink that now!) Todd was going to be in Austin for the week so the kids and I decided to fly to Arlington for the week and visit my sister, Tamora . The kids had never been on a plane and I wanted them to fly while young enough to still see the "magic" of flying. Who would of thought that we would be stuck in the air for an extra 30 minutes avoiding thunderstorms and when they finally allowed us to land (after telling us 'don't worry, if we get low on fuel we will divert to AUSTIN and refuel!!') we flew through horrible storms with out of your seat turbulance!! The poor kids... the boys were sitting together and Addyson and I were across the aisle. I grabbed Addyson's hand while she was saying "Mom, you don't have to hold my hand so tight" and I yelled... YES I DO! The stewardess even announced that if you have small children next to you to hold on tight to them. IT STUNK! As we were landing we looked out the window and saw a beautiful rainbow. I told the kids that it was God telling us that everything was going to be OK!!



Here are a few pictures of us at the airport and in the plane before my near heart attack.




1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sorry about the crazy flight - but at least they will never forget their first flight! :o)